8 Year Battery Warranty
Similar topics for you
- The standard warranty for battery and vehicle components covers the battery and vehicle components for 3 years or 40,000 kms, whichever is earlier. This warranty is for an additional period of 5 years and additional 40,000 kms on the battery only effective from 2nd February 2024, making the total warranty on the battery for 8 years or 80,000 km whichever is earlier. Please refer to your standard warranty manual set out in the owner’s manual for more details
- As part of the base battery warranty, batteries will be replaced for any manufacturing/design defects caused faults or if battery health degrades during the warranty period
- Warranty period is defined as the coverage till 8-yrs or 80,000 kms (whichever is earlier)
- All retail customers getting delivery of their S1 or booking their S1 starting 2nd Feb’2024 will automatically be eligible for this warranty
- All models delivered starting 2nd Feb 2024 are automatically eligible for this base warranty
- Base Warranty covers the battery for a period of 8 years or 80,000 kms whichever comes first.
- This helps cover unnecessary battery replacement costs for the customer and provides an 8-year peace of mind with respect to the battery and associated part(s) & decreases the total cost of ownership.
The company will provide replacement/repair of the battery and associated parts relating to the battery only that are damaged due to manufacturing defects or workmanship, free of cost including the labor charges till such time the offer lasts. The defective parts will be the company's property.
Yes. In case of the sale of a vehicle to another person, the Base Warranty will be transferred to the new owner.
- In case of a defect in the battery and associated parts of the battery, bring the scooter to an OLA authorized service center along with the certificate of warranty emailed to you.
- If the defective part is covered under the warranty, the center will automatically repair/replace the battery free of charge
- Scooter’s non-battery parts come with standard warranty of 3 years or 40,000 kms (whichever earlier)
- Any natural wear and tear, physical damage, consumables, parts and conditions excluded in manufacturer warranty, customer negligence related damage, modifications/alterations, deletion/defacement/alternation of VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and BIN (Battery Identification Number), theft, vehicle abuse, accident, flooding, fire, etc. Negligence to charge battery, leading to damage to battery is NOT covered under the warranty plan
- Scooters for commercial use are NOT covered under the 8 year warranty; the standard 3 years warranty or 40,000 kms will continue to apply.
- The above list is not exhaustive, it is only illustrative. Please refer to the plan Terms and Conditions and the owner’s manual for exclusions of the relevant warranty.
- In the case of top-up warranty, the warranty period is defined as coverage till 8 years or 100,000 kms (whichever is earlier)
- All models are eligible to purchase the top-up warranty within 12 months from the date of delivery of the scooter. This is applicable only on scooters delivered on or after 3 Feb 2023.
- In the case of top-up warranty, the warranty period is defined as coverage till 8 years or 1,25,000 km (whichever is earlier)
- S1 Pro, S1 Air, S1 X+ (3KWh), S1 X (3KWh, 4KWh) are eligible to purchase the top-up warranty within 12 months from the date of delivery of the scooter. This is applicable only on the aforementioned scooters delivered on or after 3 Feb 2023.
- S1 X (2KWh) is NOT eligible for this policy
- The company will provide replacement/repair of the battery and associated parts of the battery only that are damaged due to manufacturing defects or workmanship, free of cost including the labor charges till the time the offer lasts. The defective parts will be the company's property.
- Yes. In case of sale of the vehicle to another person, both the top-up warranties will be transferred to the new owner
- Additional Battery warranty certificate is an additional document that will be emailed to you on your purchase of the vehicle.
- Standard warranty is available in the owner’s manual.
Warranty policy will continue to be in-force, per the original validity conditions (8 years or 80,000 kms in the Base Warranty period from the date of delivery or as per top-up warranty period, i.e., 8 years or 100,000 kms and/or 8 years or 1,25,000 km, if purchased by the customer)